2021 ICTM - HASTI Conference Call for Speaker Proposals
Sunday afternoon, February 7th through Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
Note: The Conference Team is closely looking at the CDC and State of Indiana guidelines to decide on the safest way to offer this conference.
Where: Marriott East
7202 East 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Hotel Phone: (317) 352-1231
Speaker Contact Persons
Dawn Bick (Elementary Science), firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori White (Upper Level Science(, email@example.com
Enrique Galindo (Mathematics all levels), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your experiences and knowledge with Indiana teachers. We are seeking presentations to meet the needs of Indiana teachers. We encourage speakers to propose sessions making connections between the conference theme and the conference strands.
- PBL / Inquiry. All teachers will improve STEM instruction by 2025 according to the IDOE 6 Year STEM Strategic Plan. This strand will showcase problem-based, project-based, inquiry, and hands-on learning exemplars.
- STEM/ STEAM/ STREAM. All teachers will improve STEM instruction by 2025 according to the IDOE 6 Year STEM Strategic Plan. This strand will showcase classroom tested STEM, STEAM, and STREAM activities and resources to support students’ learning.
- Access, Equity, Social Justice, & Empowerment. Learning opportunities that include access for each and every student at all levels to understand the roles of power, privilege, and oppression in the history of STEM education. Access to rigorous, and relevant content, and strong family/community relationships will promote learning and achievement.
- Best Practices: Live & Virtual. Activities that bolster student engagement through various mediums and research-based practices: face to face in person, virtual, and/or both.
- Literacy in STEM, Math and Science. This strand will allow participants to enhance all literacy skills blending in math and science.
- Math, Science, and STEM Teacher Education. New challenges require new approaches to teacher preparation. Share strategies or findings from effective practices in teacher education.